Library Mission, Objectives and Philosophy of Statement
It is the mission of the KiiT- IS Library to provide the educational resources needed to meet the academic and research demands of the institution.
The Library at KIIT- International School Bhubaneswar is privileged to support the School's march towards its vision " lead and excel by engaging minds, transforming lives and serving others with compassion and empathy to scale the summit of education " it strives to connect faculty and students to the knowledge and state of the art of their disciplines and thereby strengthens the aspirations and expectations of the research and teaching at KIIT-IS.
1. To develop collections of materials that support, enrich and satisfy the curricula and research needs of KiiT International School.
2. To encourage use of the library and its facilities by the academic community.
3. To aid and instruct students, faculty and staff in the use of library and to provide bibliographic contents of the collection.
4. To investigate the changing educational needs of the community and to provide access to information, programs and services.
5. To provide reference and research services by a variety of means, including printed materials and electronic resources.
Philosophy of Statement
Our school library provides a facility and program which will empower the learner with the ability to access and process information and ideas to support the educational strategies of the school. Learner must be prepared to select from a constantly changing and growing reservoir of information sources, then evaluate and apply this knowledge to meet their educational, personal and recreational needs.