Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
The "Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana" (KVPY) is a program started in 1999 by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India to encourage students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research career in Science. The aim of the program is to identify and encourage talented and motivated students to pursue career in research.
- It was started in 1999 to encourage students of Basic Sciences to take up research careers in Science. KVPY Program is administered by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc Bangalore)
- The aim of KVPY program is to identify school & college students with talent and aptitude for research to pursue career in research in the areas of basic sciences, engineering and medicine.
- Students who are selected under the KVPY Programme as KVPY Fellow will get Contigency grants up to the Ph. D Level.
- The fellowship will be awarded based on the Aptitude Exam & Interview and KVPY 2015 Aptitude exam will be held on November 1, 2015
- The Aptitude exam can be taken by students pursuing B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S or Class 11, 12 (Science Students) but the fellowship in case of school students will only be activated if they join Basic science course after Class 12.
- KVPY Application form 2015 has to be filled online only but the student has a choice to take Aptitude Exam as Computer Based Test or in Pen & Paper Format.